I had a group crit today, with Jon at 2pm and made a few maquettes mainly out of clay, to show my progression to my ideas and final outcomes.
I have decided to continue with the plaster 3D reliefs, as I felt they were a fun process to use, and the intricate detail from my handprints are something I am looking for. I’m looking at an effect in my work to display gender transition, and currently I am working on this theory of ‘being reborn’, so to suggest that the person before they transitioned died to be reborn as their true selves.
I’m aiming to make a series of these 3D reliefs, but want to create rubber and wax casts from them as well, so I have used different materials and techniques to achieve what I am aiming to accomplish with my work.
I found the crit with Jon to be really beneficial, as he gave me feedback about my ideas and my work, to which I’m responding to that feedback by changing direction in my project of which materials I use.
Thanks for the feedback today Jon, it helped me figure out what to make.