3D Relief outcomes.


I removed the clay from my plaster reliefs and spent an hour delicately cleaning them with a damp cloth and cold water, as I didn’t want to risk using hot water in fear of them cracking under the heat.

I was very pleased with these outcomes because there was more consistency between each piece, there wasn’t any breakages and the plaster was a lot thicker, meaning that with practise, I’ve managed to get a better balance between the plaster mix and water to create stronger outcomes.

My favourite has to be the larger scaled one, because it has both my handprints in, is twotonal and the detail on the surface is intricate and beautiful, as well as delicate looking.

I’m aiming to create more on Friday during my self directed study time, as well as start to ‘decorate’ the surface of these outcomes. I am thinking of using transfers with text, paint, collage, inks and mud etc as I want to create a different background colour to that of the hands. I’m looking forward to doing this as I want to see what will come out of it!

Advertisements

Author: lawrenceaaronmaker

Studying a BA Hons in Artist, Designer; Maker at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s