In the slideshow above, there are examples of things I have 3D printed in Rhino, all of which I’ve learned thanks to Charlie, as well as the default outcomes for laser cutting, which was set up by Charlie, that was a bear. One was laser cutted in wood, the other acrylic. I like the feel of both materials and I am excited about getting ticked off to independently use the laser cutter in the future.
After my introduction to the laser cutter, I had some free time left over and started on my text transfers onto my plaster moulds, which turned out quite effectively. Afterwards, I put a layer of PVA glue over the top, to make it shiny and more solid.
My next step for my plaster moulds is to work into them more, with paints and inks, pva and applying text at the end. I want to see what outcomes I can create and what textures too. So far, I’m very happy with my progress.