I’ve started to work delicately and intricately into my 3D reliefs, by mixing skin tones for nearly all of them, as well as a variety of colours for the one that I wanted to visually communicate was ‘decomposing’ to suggest the hand has died.
I’ve used text transfers to question people on how they assume one’s gender based on appearances and looks. For example, the hands of a female is often a lot smaller than that of a male’s hand. I’ve become quite obsessed with hands during this project, as I thought it was such a good way to visually communicate gender transition through castings of hands.
Also, not only that, but when I start Hormone Replacement Therapy, the shape and features of my hands will change, so it will be interesting down the line to re-cast my hand and look back on these original casts to see just how much they have changed in terms of shape and features.
Currently, I am so pleased with my work and how it’s progressing.