After glass with Martin today, I came back from lunch and started on my second silicon mould for my Cybernetic Lungs. This will be set in time for me to go in tomorrow and actually create a Pewter Casting of my lungs.
I gently peeled apart the silicon from the plastercine base to reveal my first mould.
I moved the plastercine moud aside as it was no longer required at this stage. I covered the first silicon mould in three coats of liquid petroleum jelly silicon release, before mixing up Silicon with Catalyst Smartsil 150ml for the top mould.
Once I stirred the silicon for 2/3 minutes, I started to pour on top of my bottom silicon mould and now have to wait 24 hours for it to set.
For my Cybernetic Heart, I asked Martin if there was a way I could cast it in Pewter as it is quite a complex 3D print. Thankfully, Martin came up with an idea of a 3-way mould and said he would be ordering in some more R2D for Pewter moulds. Below is a photo of an example of an R2D mould in action.
I’m excited to be casting my Pewter Cybernetic Organs tomorrow as this will be the first time I will be using Pewter and I am excited to see how much detail the outcomes will have, especially for the cybernetic heart.