For my Subject project, Beautiful and Useable, I am aiming to create a hairbrush in the shape of a merperson. So far, I have managed to get the tail in using Heightfield on Rhino which allowed me to transfer in an image so the tail would take its form.
I’ve used the Ellipsoid tool to create the main paddle of the brush before using the Torus to create the home where the bristles will slot in. I’m not aiming to create my own bristles and I will be going to buy a paddle brush so I can cut out the bristles and place them into my 3D print.
So far, this is halfway complete, as I am still working on filling in the other side of the tail to become whole. After its 3D printed, I want to try and see if it’s possible to enamel it, so, it can become more ‘glossy’ or ‘shimmery’ to match that, of the merperson’s scales. Once the fin’s filled in, I will then start on the seashell for the hairpin. I am planning on attaching the prongs after its 3D printed by drilling in some holes for the prongs to slid into. For now however, that is just an idea and I first need to create the forms on Rhino.