Crests – Mock-Ups

This morning has been a chance to catch up on Rhino and complete the necessary mock ups I need done ready to 3D print next week. I have now finished all three of my Crests for the workshop led project outcomes.

Due to it’s failure of 3D printing last time before the Easter holidays, I have re-visited my first crest – the Feline head – to rearrange the text. As it failed to 3D print the writing on top of the crest, I have decided to make the text chunkier using the Gumball option in Rhino, in hopes it solves the issue I had last time when 3D printing this outcome. Here’s hoping anyway.

My second crest – the family one – was slightly harder to finish due to the shapes edges and trying to fit the text onto them was an absolute nightmare. Now after a lot of patient tweaking, I have managed to get all the text in place and I’m very happy with its form and how it is looking in Rhino. I am intrigued to see how well it comes out when it is being 3D printed.

The third crest – Music – took a while to organize and arrange the text so everything sat perfectly. The idea was that I tried to make this crest look more like a retro music player of some sort. Like a brick MP3 player with its’ little nodules on the top of the square brick. I quite like this one but I am not sure how well it will 3D print and may have to revise this whole design if so.



Author: lawrenceaaronmaker

Studying a BA Hons in Artist, Designer; Maker at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s