Glass Lungs


After my plaster mould was set, I came back and started to gently escavate my glass lungs with a screwdriver and a bottle of water that I sprayed the plaster with occassionally, to damp down the dust. This took me roughly two hours before the glass lungs was out of plaster. I washed excess plaster off and dried the glass.

I moved onto my exhibition space and put up three shelves. I didn’t want them in an exact line, so I had them going higher to lower or lower to higher depending on which way you look at it. On the lowest shelf, I placed my 3D prints and my first set of moulds, as they were the starting point for my project. The middle shelf, I placed all the experimentation of the cybernetic lungs with its original mould, as well as the cast of my face. On the highest shelf, all my final outcomes were displayed; all of my pewter casts, my black resin heart and the glass lungs.

I’m quite disappointed I could not finish my work for Beautiful and Useable or Archaeological Artefacts. I felt I had strong ideas but maybe were too ambitious, or I simply ran out of time, due to the 3D printers limitations on the nozzles and how much detail I needed. If I was more clever like my classmate Becca, I could have maybe gone to another company and asked them to 3D print my work for me, but there is nothing else I can do now except display what was finished and hope that suffices.

Advertisements

Author: lawrenceaaronmaker

Studying a BA Hons in Artist, Designer; Maker at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s