Finished Plaster Mould Outcome.


I finished my first plaster cast mould on Friday morning. I was very pleased with my outcome as my piece was so intricate and delicate, I wasn’t sure I would be able to take it into plaster. I have started a second mould with a different ceramic tube structure so I will hopefully have a set of moulds to mass produce in ceramic my tubular structure by the end of this term.

14639642_1746451885604912_5333196738538579877_n
There was excess plaster on my mould, so I used one of my modelling tools to tidy up the mould. There was excess clay embedded into my mould so I spent a while soaking it in water and gently wiping it clean.

I thoroughly enjoy this process as I get to take time building up my skills in model making and it means I get to be precise and neat with my work. I also feel like this material and process contributes to my final piece as the material is fragile and the process is precise.

14900621_1749109775339123_1182043749980696006_n.jpg

Advertisements

Author: lawrenceaaronmaker

Studying a BA Hons in Artist, Designer; Maker at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s