Light is integral to life on the planet. It is often depicted as being spiritually pure. Light is nimble, quick, easily digested. We shed light on important information, light reveals things.
Essentially: Light is a major factor in all of our lives
- We play with light in science. It is a vital tool to the human race.
- Architecture also regularly uses it in their designs.
- Art and architecture is clearly linked in this regard.
- Would gold be so loved if it didn’t reflect light so well?
- The age of enLIGHTtenment isn’t called the age of enDARKenment.
- The first great discovery of mankind was fire – a source of light, but a dangerous source all the same.
- Gas and oil lamps were first introduced around 1750 and banished darkness.
- It helped humanity to break away from natural cycles.
Light can be used to familiarise ourselves with things, but it can also be used to warp and de-familiarise objects.
On Moodle there are some images/info on a kinetic sculpture, be sure to check them out (although the video is so hypnotic it might put you to sleep!)