The casts of my Marigold hands were finally taken into the workshop today to be mounted on their wooden boards.
I started off by hand-sawing the bottom of the hands off, as they looked like the end of a baloney sausage – and that wasn’t the effect I wanted.
Once the ends were sawn off, I realised how much my hands looked like that of the glove of Mickey Mouse from Disney. I drilled holes into the centre of bothmy hands with the help from tech dem, Martin I was going to use this metal rod I found in the spare box down in the metal workshop, to mount them on. The wooden boards were also drilled into, in the centre and I had to use a file to file down the drilled holes in the plaster to get the metal rod to fit inside.
Once this was done, I was very happy with the results. The next step is to consider if I want the wooden boards to be plain or if I want to add to the boards.