Cast Reveal.

Once the plaster cast was set, the mould was taken apart to remove the cast. This one was successful, in comparison to that of the first one. My fingers were attached!!!!

Though due to the way my fingers were positioned, the alginate mould had to be cut away slowly and carefully.

This didn’t take as long as I originally thought it would, it was quite a straightforward process. Although Martin started it off for me, to teach me how to take apart moulds for future, independent outcomes, I continued gently slicing away the alginate.

I found this part of the process worrying, because I was panicked that I would cut too far into the alginate and impact on the plaster cast. So when I took over from Martin, to begin with, I was very cautious about using the blade to slice away the alginate. However, after a short time, I became confident with what I was doing and found it quite therapeutic once I stopped panicking about ruining my outcome.

Once all the remnants of the alginate mould was removed, I had a very detailed outcome that I was pleased with. The detail of the cast was phenomenal and my hand is now immortalised forever in art!

 

Advertisements

Author: lawrenceaaronmaker

Studying a BA Hons in Artist, Designer; Maker at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s