Once our cameras were ready, we went to the dark room to put negative film paper inside each one. We used ductape to hold them in place inside the vessels we made. After the film was securely inside, we propped the lids back on and went outside the front door reception of CSAD.
Putting them in a circular position, with each pinhole facing a different direction, we lifted the shutters of each one, exposing each camera to different times – 5 minutes, 8 minutes, 12 minutes and 15 minutes. After we exposed our film to natural daylight for the length of time, we then went back into the dark room to develop our prints. I was excited as I was keen to see what exactly we managed to capture.
Our results were solid and clear, able to make out what it was and where it was taken etc. I was pleased with this outcome and thought it looked very post-apocalyptic: deserted and empty. I thoroughly enjoyed this process and would probably try it again in the future as I am a massive fan of black and white film photography anyway.