Plaster Relief Moulds – The Reveal.


I was very pleased when I managed to remove the clay imprints from the plaster casts, to find that they were very successful. I found the terracotta colour from the clay seeped into the plaster when it was poured and wet. I was content with the plaster no longer being pristine white and didn’t attempt to clean the moulds up at all. I’m intrigued to see how the effect of the colour intake will alter and change the plaster once it fully dries out.

I am not sure yet where I am taking these pieces, but I am leaning against a sculptural piece or sculptural background for one of my other experimentations or outcomes. I’ve found that I have so many developed pieces, that I can really experiment with arrangements and have a vast choice of what I would or would not want to display at my end of year exhibition.

Advertisements

Author: lawrenceaaronmaker

Studying a BA Hons in Artist, Designer; Maker at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s